You may wish to come to visit Seattle while your child is studying in the United States. You should normally plan to come on a visitor’s visa, unless you are in the United States in another visa category. If you would like to have a letter to give the US Embassy or Consulate explaining why you are applying for a tourist visa, your child can request an invitation letter from the International Student Center.