Transferring Credits to Seattle Central

Students who have studied in a college or university program after graduating from high school may be able to transfer the credits earned to Seattle Central College. The credits may be used to meet requirements for a degree program. 

To request a transcript evaluation, please submit a completed International Transcript Evaluation Request Form along with original, official copies of your transcripts. An evaluation is typically completed within 6 – 8 weeks. If you are not planning to earn a degree from Seattle Central, then you do not need to request an evaluation: evaluations are only done for students who plan to earn a degree.

Transferred classes will be used to meet degree requirements, but will not appear on your Seattle Central transcripts. A notation will be included on your transcript indicating the number of credits transferred in, and the name of the institution from where it came. If you plan to transfer to another institution, you will have to provide official transcripts for all schools you have attended. Your new school will re-evaluate the transcripts for possible credits.

Transfer Credits Policies

In general, transferring credits to Seattle Central College will normally be based on the following factors:

- Level of study (secondary, post-secondary, etc.)
- Recognition / Accreditation of the institution
- Type of credential awarded
- Type of program (academic, professional / technical, etc.)

The usefulness of the credits transferred in will depend on the degree you choose to pursue at Seattle Central and that degree’s requirements.

Seattle Central does have pre-determined policies on certain types of transfer credit:

International Baccalaureate: Please see our credit chart for details.
College Board Advanced Placement Examinations (AP): Please see our credit chart for details. 
GCE Advanced Level (A-Level) Examinations: Up to 15 credits per pass (Grade A – E), depending on the content of the syllabus. Credits are normally not awarded for General Paper.
College Level Examination Program (CLEP): No credits awarded.

The following high school diplomas may yield transfer credits, depending on program structure and content:

France: Diplôme de Bachelier de l’Enseignement du Second Degré (Baccalauréat)
Germany: Abitur
Italy: Diploma di Maturita
Iceland: Studentsprof