Professional And Technical


Seattle Central offers over 30 different professional and technical programs which provide students with practical career training in professional and technical fields. Depending on the chosen program, students work toward a certificate (approximately one year) or an Associate of Applied Science Degree (normally two years).

A complete list of professional & technical programs can be found here. Please note that the Marine Deck Technology and Marine Engineering programs are not available to international students.

General Notes for current students interested in Professional / Technical programs

- Professional and technical programs are not generally designed to be transfer degrees. If you plan to complete a bachelor’s degree after finishing a degree at Seattle Central, you should consider joining the college transfer program. Certain professional and technical degrees may offer transfer opportunities – consult with the division offering the program for more information.

- Most professional and technical programs have limited start dates, limited enrollment size, and waitlists. Consult with the division offering the program or the program’s web pages for more details.

- Most professional and technical programs require students to have eligibility for ENGL& 101 and specific Math eligibility prior to starting the program. Others have specific pre-requisites (in the case of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, these can be quite extensive).

Admission to Professional and Technical Programs

- Attend an information session (visit the program’s web page for upcoming information session dates).

- If you have already met all program pre-requisites, make an appointment with William Spence (, the advisor responsible for professional and technical programs to be reviewed for program readiness.

Advising for Current Professional and Technical Program Students

If you are currently enrolled for a professional and technical program, you should plan to meet with the program counselor or other staff in that division for academic advising. Advisors in the International Education Programs (IEP) Office are generally familiar with the professional and technical programs, but will not be able to give you specific course requirements / recommendations. The counselors in the division are prepared to help you register for the required courses in your program.