Your passport is issued by your country of citizenship, and must be carried whenever you travel outside the United States. The information on your I-20 form, I-94 card, and other official documents normally must match the information in your passport.

Non-immigrants are required to have a passport that is valid for at least 6-months went entering the United States. Students should ensure that the passport is valid during their stay. Be sure to check the expiration date on your passport and plan to renew it if it will expire. The International Education program (IEP) Office recommends that you allow at least 6 months to renew your passport while in the United States. To renew your passport, please contact the closest embassy or consulate for your country of citizenship.

Lost / Stolen Passport

If you lose your passport while in the United States, or if your passport is stolen, take steps immediately to replace it. Notify the International Education Programs (IEP) Office that your passport is missing, and then contact your embassy or consulate as soon as possible to find out what steps to take to replace it. If your passport was stolen, file a police report with the local police office.