On Campus Employment

The actual physical location of the school you are currently attending (the school that issued your I-20 form) is considered on campus. However, you may work for a company operating on your campus providing direct services to students. For example, employment at the Seattle Central Bookstore, which is owned and operated by Barnes & Noble, is regarded as “on campus”. Although you do not need authorization from the U.S. government to work on campus, please see an advisor at the International Education Programs (IEP) Office to make certain you are eligible.

F-1 students may work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school is in session and full time during breaks and vacations. Please note, however, that the Seattle College District Human Resources has additional restrictions related to hourly work.

M-1 visa holders are not allowed to work on campus.

For more information on finding on-campus employment, visit the "Working on Campus" page.