Most students move at least once while enrolled. When moving, consider the following:

• Report address change to Seattle Central within 10 days of moving (as noted on our website, this is an immigration requirement all F-1 visa holders must follow).

• Submit your change of address to the US Postal Service.

Students in apartments: Notify your landlord. Check your lease to see if you must give some notice before moving out. Many leases require renters to pay the next month if they do not give enough notice. Also, review details on refunding deposits, cleaning requirements, and other conditions that apply upon move out.

Students in homestays: Notify your host family. Be sure to tell them when you will be moving out, as they may worry if they do not know where you are. It is also considered rude to leave without informing your host family that you have found another place to live.

Students in on-campus housing: Make a move-out appointment with a Community Assistant. Official move-out dates are provided upon placement, and in the license agreement at move-in.



You may need a place to temporarily store your belongings after you move out. Two storage facilities near Seattle Central are listed below:

Public Storage
1815 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
Tel: (206) 438-9532; (800) 688-8057

Public Storage
1515 13th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
Tel: (206) 438-9545; (800) 688-8057