Advisors in the International Education Programs Office are here to assist you with concerns about your immigration status. However, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) believes it is YOUR responsibility to understand the rules for your immigration status while you stay in the United States. If you do not follow the rules, you could lose your immigration status, which means you are no longer a legal student in the United States.    

The following section provides most of the immigration information you will need to know as an international student. A note of caution: if you have any questions about immigration regulations or staying in status, do not ask your friends for advice! Please visit the IEP Office to see an advisor on walk-in or by appointment, and receive up-to-date immigration information.