Immigration Advising Services

The International Education Programs (IEP) Office provides immigration advising to all international students at Seattle Central. If you have quick immigration-related questions, you may ask for assistance at the front desk, or speak with an advisor during walk-in hours. In some cases, you may need to complete a form and wait for an answer once it is processed. If you have questions that require more assistance, or are submitting an application for immigration services (OPT, reinstatement, etc.), then you may need to make an appointment with your primary advisor. 

Visit the Forms and Links page for the most updated immigration related forms.

Role of the Immigration Advisor

The advisors in the IEP Office will do their best to help you understand the regulations you must follow as an international student.  Please remember that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) believes it is your responsibility to understand the rules for your immigration status while you stay in the United States. If you do not follow the rules, you may be "out of status", which means you are no longer a legal student in the United States and must return home. It is very important that you seek assistance from an advisor if you are unsure of what you must do to maintain your status.

A note of caution: if you have any questions about immigration regulations or staying in status, do not ask your friends for advice! Please bring your questions to the IEP Office so we can do our best to assist you with up-to-date immigration information.