Employment Opportunities


On-Campus Employment

Students on F-1 Visas who are full-time and in status are eligible to work on campus up to 17 hours per week. Type and availability of employment varies from quarter to quarter depending on campus needs. The International Education Programs (IEP) Office has a job referral service to assist students in finding employment on campus.

Work permission

Students on F-1 Visas who have attended school for 9 months in a college program may be eligible to gain practical experience in their field of study by working off campus. Students must get permission to work from the Immigration and Naturalization Service by applying for practical training (Optional Practical Training or Curricular Practical Training). The purpose of practical training is for students' to gain experience working in their field of study, either paid or unpaid.

For more information on employment regulations related to F-1 students, please visit our webpage and consult with an immigration advisor in the IEP office.